[Zope3-Users] Question about IOrderedContainer interface

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Mon Feb 26 12:39:59 EST 2007

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 05:28:12PM +0100, Thierry Florac wrote:
> I have a little question about the "IOrderedContainer" interface.
>
> Actually, this interface is derived from "IContainer", and only contains
> a single method, "updateOrder()" which is an updating method.
>
> When I create a subclass of "OrderedContainer" for which I'd like only a
> limited set of roles to have reordering permission,
> So I can see only three ways to make this working :
>  - wait for someone else to give me another solution, which wouldn't
> need to modify Zope source code :-)

    <require
      interface="IReadContainer"
      permission="zope.View" />
    <require
      interface="IWriteContainer"
      permission="zope.ManageContent" />
    <require
      attributes="updateOrder"
      permission="zope.ManageContent" />

Marius Gedminas
--
There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to
use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to