[Zope3-Users] Zope 3 UML Model / Architecture

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Jan 8 02:49:13 EST 2007

On Monday 18 December 2006 10:05, Dennis Schulz wrote:
> I am looking for examples of Zope 3 UML Diagrams / Architecture.
> I would be especially interested  in widget / view rendering. (maybe
> even formlib) but also basic architecture.

Zope 3 does not have many UML diagrams, in fact none that are part of the
repository. In part, I think, this is due to the fact that UML is really bad
in representing component architectures. Sequence diagrams might be the only
useful thing. I have tried several times to make UML or any diagrams before,
and I have not come up with a good set yet.

On the other hand, I *personally* think that most UML diagrams are pretty
useless (with expection of sequence diagrams maybe). I have a harder time
understanding the design looking at them, than reading the README.txt files.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter