[Zope3-Users] Re: Skinning problem

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Fri Jan 19 02:53:36 EST 2007

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 10:10:20PM +0100, Florian Lindner wrote:
> Yes, it works fine but now I have another problem:
>
> The tempate contains links like:
>
> <a tal:attributes="href context/@@contact.html/@@absolute_url">kontakt</a>
>
> contact.html is registered for the interface (IXGM) of the object in which the
> object that should use the template (IBlog) resides. But in the IBlog context
> there is no contact.html.

So, if I understand you correctly, you have URLs like

       /foo/bar/xgm/blog/@@myview.html

where myview.html uses the template above, and you want that view to
have an absolute URL to

       /foo/bar/xgm/@@contact.html

?

> What is the best way to work around this?
>
> - Register contact HTML for all interfaces?

No?

> - Make them static (no TAL) links?

That would work.  <a href="../../contact.html">...</a>

> Both are ways I don't really like.

Or you could use

  <a tal:attributes="href string:${context/zope:parent/@@absolute_url}/@@contact.html">kontakt</a>

The pattern is to get to the desired new context of the view you want to
link to, apply @@absolute_url to it, and then concatenate the new view
name to that string.

(It might be a nice extension to the AbsoluteURL view(s) to make them
traversable so that you could say obj/@@absolute_url/something_to_append
in a TALES expression.  But it wouldn't work when something_to_append
starts with '@@'.)

Marius Gedminas
--
Never, ever expect hackers to be able to read closed proprietary document
formats like Microsoft Word. Most hackers react to these about as well as you