[Zope3-Users] Re: Zope 3 PAM or /etc/passwd authentication?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Jan 24 12:14:39 EST 2007

David Johnson wrote:
> I would love this as well.  I've written authentication stuff in Zope 3
> (both Philips and Stephans books are outdated here),

Not true. The second edition of my book devotes a whole chapter to the
PAU and shows how to implement a simple credentials plugin as well as an
authenticator plugin (which happens to read very simple passwd-like files).

> but I've never worked with PAM and python. I would be glad to provide
> my half to anyone good with Python. Seems it should be pretty simple
> if you know PAM (which I don't).

The biggest problem I see is that there doesn't seem to be maintained
Python bindings for PAM (I could be wrong). I think the solution most
people use is LDAP, since that can be interfaced to from both Zope and PAM.

Next Zope 3 training at Camp5: http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/camp5