[Zope3-Users] Pluggable authentication, a newbie's question

David Johnson djohnson at jsatech.com
Mon Jan 29 06:02:10 EST 2007

I'll try.  Your authenticator is registered as a Plugin in a PAU in
your current site?  I'm not sure the cause without more details, but
when I see this happen I've usually neglected one of the following:

1. The credentials plugin is not selected and added.
2. The authenticator plugin is not selected and added.
3. No permissions have been granted to the user, so even though the
user is valid, they don't have permissions to do anything and so
another authentication is being called as a backup.  This is easy
enough to debug by putting print statements at strategic points in
your plugin and see if and when they show up in the Zope log.

The PAU stuff has changed a lot over the history of Zope 3, so I've
also found it to happen when using outdated methods such as the ones
in Phillips first edition (which have since been updated to reflect
the latest methods - thanks Phillip).

--
David