[Zope3-Users] z3c.form and subforms in an AddForm?

Matt Bowen mrbowen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 21:06:13 EDT 2007

Hi again Hermann,

Thanks again for replying -- the part that perplexed me was that none of my
code was ever mentioned in the trackback -- I wasn't sure how I could be
causing zope to recurse at all.  It turned out that it couldn't find the
form code because z3c.formui's zcml files weren't copied in the package
includes directory, so zope kept falling back to my template.pt until it
threw a recursion exception. So it was related to a series of other install
errors (i didn't have macro installed correctly either, which is what causes
the initial recursion error; once macro went in, I started getting adapter
errors, which led me to check on formui, which wasn't in correctly either)
-- for some reason, when I easy_install Z3C packages, their .zcml files
don't end up in my zope skel directory. I finally figured our a bash command
to compare all the .zcml files I should have all the ones I actually had.

To avoid having such a goofy (and slightly embarrassing problem) in the
future, does anyone have any recommendations on a document about getting a
sane zope development environment setup? I thought it would be similar to
getting my Plone environments set up, but this is obviously a bit different,
and I'm no good at debugging the messages I get yet.

Thanks all,
~Matt