AW: [Zope3-Users] Re: Using svn checkout with zc packages

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Wed Jul 25 18:48:52 EDT 2007

Hi Florian

> Betreff: [Zope3-Users] Re: Using svn checkout with zc packages
>
> Florian Lindner wrote:

[...]

> Have you looked at zc.buildout? Checkout the tutorial [1].
> Also, pretty much any zope.* or zc.* package's sandbox is set
> up using buildout these days, providing you with lots of examples.

"pretty much any" is not allways enough ;-)

Be aware of:

Buildout is experimental and only supported for linux and mac users.

And you could get a lot of work if you use 3-rd party dependencies
and there are no eggs available.

But if you like to have a "let's see what we can fix today" approach
then eggs are fine today.

I like the buildout concept since I worked with them last week, but
it's not "ready for production" in general. At least not for me and
some of my customers windows boxes ;-)

Regards
Roger Ineichen