AW: [Zope3-Users] Re: Using svn checkout with zc packages

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Jul 30 12:41:03 EDT 2007

On 30 Jul 2007, at 16:46 , Roger Ineichen wrote:
>> Betreff: Re: [Zope3-Users] Re: Using svn checkout with zc packages
> [...]
>
>> I feel like I need a training course or consultancy to move to
>> buildout,
>> which requires time and money that we just don't have.
>
> Same belongs to me.
>
> I'm sitting here and have to debug code like:
>
> def foo(self, foo):
>   bar = self.getBar(foo)
>   return getMultiAdapter(bar, self.request)
>
> and bang I have to get a dev egg for the package
> which implements getMultiAdapter just that I can
> debug into getMultiAdapter.

Martijn and I ran into this issue the other day as well. The quick
fix (=deleting the outdated .pyc files) has already been described by
Gary and Benji. I've documented this on my blog [1] now so that
others will hopefully find it when they Google.

[1] http://www.z3lab.org/sections/blogs/philipp-weitershausen/
2007_07_30_pdb-ing-to-eggs