AW: [Zope3-Users] z3c.form and subforms in an AddForm?

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Tue Jun 19 12:30:13 EDT 2007

Hi Hermann

> Cc: gnosis
> Betreff: Re: [Zope3-Users] z3c.form and subforms in an AddForm?
>
> Am Freitag, 15. Juni 2007 19:52 schrieb gnosis:
> > I've been trying out the new z3c form package and like what
> I see.  I
> > am having problems getting a subform in an AddForm though.  The
> > subform.txt covers EditForms where you have a context
> object to work
> > on, in an AddForm the context is the underlying IContainer.
> >
> > Here is what I have, using formdemo examples as the basis.
> Any help
> > on getting this to work is greatly appreciated.
>
> I am currently also testing z3c.form - and I have also
> problems translating the doctests into a working example.
>
> I have currently the problem that I registered my pagelets
> but I cannot access them. There are no errors, though, but my
> registered pagelets (e.g. "edit.html" / "index.html") are not
> found by zope.
>
> Moreover I wonder how to add the addform to the ZMI menu -
> the <browser:addMenuItem.. > does not work as it cannot find
> a view with a proper name (= my add view). Moreover the
> "menu="zmi_views"" directive at the edit page seems also to
> be unknown.

Pagelet use a own layout template. They re not compatible with
the ZMI and other macro template based layout.

Pagelet use a *macro free* layout concept! This means the
layout isn't a macro. It's a just a HTML template with a
render call in it for the pagelet content.

Take a look at the z3c.pagelet package and see how they get
rendered in the layout template.

Pagelets are also not compatible with the addform and editform
directives.

Regards
Roger Ineichen