[Zope3-Users] Re: [Zope] z3c.form 1.3.0, z3c.formui

George Wright georgewr at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jun 26 03:52:51 EDT 2007

Thanks Fernando & Stephan

On 26/06/2007, at 11:19 AM, Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Monday 25 June 2007 19:34, Fernando Correa Neto wrote:
>> That happened to me too. I don't know the reason but by unsetting my
>> PYTHONPATH environment variable solved the problem.
>> Usually my $PYTHONPATH points to my zope3.3.0 installation.
>> Unfortunately, I didn't have time to debug.
> That is probably it! The Python path is inserted at the front of
> everything.
> That means that all your Zope 3.3.0 packages are preferred over the
> installed
> eggs.

OK. Just for the record here's what I did:
  I reset the PYTHONPATH like this (on Mac OSX & bash) <export
PYTHONPATH= >
Then ./bin/buildout went to completion
Then ./bin/demo fg worked beautifully
I stopped the server then quit 'Terminal' & restarted it - now
PYTHONPATH was back to normal ie pointing to zope 3.3.0. The demo ran
correctly again.

Question: Is it generally recommended that when installing eggs the
PYTHONPATH temporarily be set to empty?

George Wright
http://users.bigpond.net.au/George.Wright/