[Zope3-Users] z3c.form 1.4.0, z3c.formui 1.1.0, and z3c.formdemo 1.2.0 released!

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Fri Jun 29 05:43:39 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 03:50 -0400, Stephan Richter wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> again thanks to the great feedback we received -- especially from David Pratt,
> Roy Mathew, and Joachim Werner -- we were able to fine-tune our new form
> framework even more to make it as robust of a foundation as possible for your
> projects! New features include group support, fully internationalized widgets
> for number and calendar fields, a richer select widget, refined form
> templates, and of course a new demo!
>
> BTW, congratulations to Roger who became father for the third time last
> weekend!

Sincere congratulations indeed!

> Again for the curious and impatient ...
> ---------------------------------------
>
> There is also a new demo, of course! The "Questionnaire" demo provides a form
> for filling out a simple questionaire about someones Zope community
> involvement and then provides a very simple results page. Technically this
> demo (available for the DIV- and Table-based layouts) demonstrates the usage
> of groups, a new feature of this release, as well as writing attribute value
> adapters.

The questionnaire returned with errors (because groups return
RequiredMissing errors). Should fields be selected to name and age only?
If not, then is there a template registration missing perhaps for the
fieldsets?

> Paul has made some great progress recently and we have now two demos working,
> including a fully Javascript-driven calculator. I'll leave it up to Paul to
> decide whether he wants to make an announcement, but he will be definitely
> promoting his work at EuroPython!
>
> <secret>To see the demos: Replace "formdemo" with "formjsdemo" and follow the
> instructions above.</secret>

Amazing. It sent me diving into jquery packages. You all have provided a
wonderful set of tools. Thank you. Thank you.

Regards,
Darryl