[Zope3-Users] adding user newbie ?

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Mon Mar 5 18:06:47 EST 2007

tyson a écrit :
> Hi,
>   I am unsure how to authenticate and add new users with Zope3.  I have
> seen postings on PAU and some other things, but I can't find much
> documentation.  Is there a simple way just to add a user?

You first have to add a PAU (from the Add list of the ZMI). The PAU does nothing
but relaying to an auth plugin. So choose the auth plugin you want to use (you
can authenticate in several ways, and even mix differents methods, and have
different authentications at different levels of the ZODB. You can try with the
principalfolder)
Then you have to register both the pau and the plugin (one click in the zmi),
enable the principal folder you've added, then go to the principal and add a
Principal Information (ie a user). Now you can authenticate with the new user.