[Zope3-Users] Crash

Jim Washington jwashin at vt.edu
Mon Mar 12 10:07:58 EDT 2007

Maciej Wisniowski wrote:
>> The last entry in the access.log is the following:
>> 218.160.132.172 - - [10/Mar/2007:22:11:45 -0500] "CONNECT
>> sextw.com.tw:25 HTTP/1.0" 404 0 "-" "-"
>>
>> There is no other information to indicate why as far as we can tell.
>> No exceptions, nothing.
>>
> Anything in /var/log/messages? Segfault or something like that maybe?
>
> We had similiar issues with Zope2 and there were segfault errors in
> messages file
> (due to 64 bit architecture and DCOracle2)

I have no idea whether this is relevant, but I see port 25, which is
SMTP.  The implementation of SMTP is synchronous in Zope 3, AFAICT.  I
found last week that sending out emails through a very slow SMTP server
tied up Zope 3's server threads waiting for that server's response,
which led to in turn to Zope 3 being nonresponsive.

-Jim Washington