[Zope3-Users] Still stuck without views.

Robert Norman tfcrobert at gmail.com
Mon May 7 11:37:52 EDT 2007

Hi again,
I'm trying to learn Zope through the Web Component Development book and find
myself stuck implementing simple views. This was posted earlier but and I've
worked on it since but feel totally unable to proceed.

I'm working on WinXP.  I can manipulate simple persistant objects using
debugzope. The objects are listed in the ZMI. However I can't do anything
with the views supplied as part of the example code.  For example, under
debugzope , following the instructions in the text, if I try to examine the
supplied view with:

view = getMultiAdapter((lasagne, request), name=u'index.html')

I get a lookup error.  Both lasagne, and request are valid objects.  Also,
from my browser even though the ZMI shows my objects,  any attempt to view
them fails. Apparently my view is not being registered. A line does exists
in the configuration file that points to the folder containing the view...

<include package=".browser" />

This is all code supplied by the book pasted in from the web site -- I don't
have the depth of knowledge of Zope yet to figure this out.

I've tried re-installing Zope. I did a clean install of Zope with a new
instance on a different machine (also WinXP) and get the same result.

The browser folder contains a configuration file pointing to the supplied
view with name="index.html".
Where do I go from here?  I'd like to know what's wrong, but more
importantly, I'd like to know how to go about finding out what's wrong
without having to resort to this list.

Thanks in advance...
Robert