[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-Users] z3c.form 1.0.0 released!

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Thu May 31 02:09:23 EDT 2007

>> It would be very interesting to see RDBMS interaction. Formlib for
>> example is not trivial to use with RDBMS especially because of a lack
>> of documentation and because everything seems to be written with ZODB
>> objects in mind.
>>

> It works together with a mapper like SQLAlchemy (and z3c.zalchemy).
>
> IMHO, it is not formlib's task to do mappings like that.

Not sure what mappings you're talking about. I just want to
know how can I get some data from somewhere (it may be a
file, RDBMS or other external source) and display it in a form,
then edit this data etc. Formlib default forms (EditForm, AddForm)
assume that it works with content objects and I just want to call
SQLScript to get data for my form and to commit it back to RDBMS.
Not so difficult but there are no docs and no demos for this with
formlib. Thats why  I'd like to know how to do such things
with z3c.form.

--
Maciej Wisniowski