[Zope3-Users] Buildout fails with zope.recipe.egg 1.0.0 vs 1.0.0b6 conflict

Derek Richardson derek.richardson at gatech.edu
Mon Nov 5 11:24:43 EST 2007

zc.recipe.egg was released 2 days ago. Now, when trying to re-run a
buildout that was done before the z.r.e release, I get a VersionConflict:

#####

[derek at kinloss share-it]$ bin/buildout
Develop: '/srv/share-it/quills.remoteblogging'
Develop: '/srv/share-it/quills.core'
Develop: '/srv/share-it/quills.app'
Develop: '/srv/share-it/plone.marquis'
Uninstalling zopepy.
While:
   Installing.
   Uninstalling zopepy.

An internal error occured due to a bug in either zc.buildout or in a
recipe being used:

VersionConflict:
(zc.recipe.egg 1.0.0 (/srv/share-it/eggs/zc.recipe.egg-1.0.0-py2.4.egg),
Requirement.parse('zc.recipe.egg==1.0.0b6'))

#####

I tried to remove the zopepy from the buildout, but it still tried to
uninstall it and I get the error above. I also tried 'bin/buildout -n'
to not get the new egg, but no luck.

I can post my buildout.cfg if it is necessary to debug the problem -
i.e., other people in a similar situation aren't having the same
problem. I've pinned all my recipes, so I guess the problem might be
there - but I thought this is exactly the kind of problem that pinning
is supposed to solve. :(

Thanks!

Derek