[Zope3-Users] Re: [Zope3-dev] Known-good-sets problem

Benji York benji at zope.com
Fri Oct 5 22:45:36 EDT 2007

Stephan Richter wrote:
> 2. How many packages should be controlled in this index? I think we should
> definitely add packages from z3c and the zc namespace.

What is the motivation to include non-controlled packages?  I suppose it
is to let people use those packages with (in this case) Zope 3.4.  What
if someone wants Zope 3.4 and Twisted version X and Plone version Y
(just making those up).  Perhaps we need a way to refer to several KGS
when constructing an application.  Or is one KGS supposed to define a
"universe" of packages known to work together.  If so, I would think
there would be no place for non-controlled packages.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer