[Zope3-Users] Weird error for a certain named attribute

Maken Seteva crapkonto at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 09:58:34 EDT 2007

Hello,
I have a very strange error that I cannot understand. I get an error
for one of my attribute
only when it is named a certain name!  It seems like there is an old
implementation of
it that is haunting in the background, how is this possible?

This cursed name is called "tags". This attribute is a list of
TextLine. I get the error when I
don't add anything to the list in the adding view:

"TypeError: iteration over non-sequence"

However, if I rename the attribute to "wehoo" or really, anything
else, I don't get the TypeError and
I can add my content object successfully (with an empty list for
wehoo). Here's my component:

class IFoo(IContained):
	#...
      tags = List(
          title=_(u'Tags'),
          description=_(u'A list of keywords'),
          max_length=10,
          value_type=TextLine(title=_(u'Tag')),
          unique=True
          )
	#...

class Foo(Persistent):
	implements(IFoo)
	__name__ = __parent__ = None
	def __init__(self):
		#...
		self.tags = PersistentList()
		#...

No custom widgets used for this field...

I tried deleting all .pyc-files and deleting all old Foo objects, and
the site i run for testing followed by
restarting the server. But adding new Foo objects still don't work.
(But renaming tags to anything else
and then trying again will succeed).

Any ideas?

Regards Seteva