[Zope3-Users] z3c.form / TextLine-Schema in List-Schema

Markus Leist ml_zope3_dev at ikom-online.de
Sun Sep 2 12:26:15 EDT 2007

Hi list,

z3c.form has a very generic, well approach - but at the moment it's to complicated to me.

I have an interface defined like:

100 	    osList = List (
101 	        title = _("operating systems"),
103 	        value_type = TextLine(
105 	            title = _("Operatingsystem"),
107 	            default = u"",
108 	            required = False),
109 	        required = False)
[originally from http://trac.ict-ok.org/browser/trunk/org/ict_ok/components/host/interfaces.py ]

when z3c.form will do his update, i'll get a

ComponentLookupError: (
  (<zope.schema._field.List object at 0x989054c>,
   <zope.schema._bootstrapfields.TextLine object at 0x989090c>,
   <zc.resourcelibrary.publication.Request instance URL=http://localhost:8081/cc071bd954f8fd7b3fccf9fab2b1c7b58/add_host.html>),
 <InterfaceClass z3c.form.interfaces.IFieldWidget>, u'')
[full trace on http://paste.lisp.org/display/47105 ]

ok, the problem is in getMultiAdapter() ..
which does'n find the correct widget to render a TextLine into a List-HTML-Widget.

(After hours of searching, i feel stupid ... but it's not rocket science, or?)

Where and how such a widget must be registered and implemented?

Does anyone have such an extension of the ze3.form-widgets or
can tell me a kind of skeleton for this approach?

Can we migrate code from zope.formlib to z3c.form?

Any help would be appreciated.

Markus