[Zope3-Users] Re: zopeproject 0.4: using without easy_installing, egg-info error

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Sep 19 17:10:04 EDT 2007

Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
> I would like to use zopeproject without easy_installing zopeproject and
> dependencies into the system python.

Yes, I've run into that before as well. As Stefan already pointed out,
virtualenv [1] is great way to create a "virtual" Python installation
that behaves like a Python installation except that it's just a bunch of
symlinks and *won't* modify the global installation.

This is how I do it (virtualenv.py is from the virtualenv tarball):

  $ python virtualenv.py env
  $ cd env
  $ bin/easy_install zopeproject
  $ bin/zopeproject HelloWorld