[Zope3-Users] The Real Test Browser becoming real!

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Sep 27 09:42:27 EDT 2007

Hi all,

recently Benji started the gruesome task of developing a new implementation of
the testbrowser API that would use a real browser as backend, somewhat like
Selenium. After several failed attempts, he decided to use MozRepl, a Firefox
extension that allows you to telnet into Firefox and control the entire
browser.

Last weekend I started with the grunt work of implementing the API
systematically and also made it one of the Foliage Sprint tasks. Since I was
busy with helping people at the sprint and dealing with eggs (sigh), Rocky
and Justas took on the task of finishing it.

The task of implementing the initial version of the API was completed by
Justas in revision 80222 with a muted checkin message "Implement missing
radio button functionality"! We have now the complete README.txt of 89 tests
passing with the real Firefox-based testbrowser!

Benji, get out your release gear; it's time for an alpha!

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter