[Zope3-Users] zalchemy - default engine?

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Tue Apr 8 15:09:31 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 02:55:35PM -0400, croguet at vif.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm just beginning to play with zope (Zope 3.4 KSG) and zalchemy (with
> SA 0.4.5).
>
> I looks like there is no default engine utility and zalchemy cannot
> create a session. Indeed :
>
> queryUtility(z3c.zalchemy.interfaces.IAlchemyEngineUtility) -> None
> queryUtility(z3c.zalchemy.interfaces.IAlchemyEngineUtility,name='mydb') -> ok
>
> which gives me a "No engine utility registered" each time it tries to
> create a session.
>
> When trying to run the nice demos, I have a ComponentLookupError which
> come from the same problem I guess.

Honestly, I'm going to rip out those demos soon as they don't reflect how to
work with zalchemy at all.

> Does anyone succeded to use zalachemy succesfully?

Yes, but it's not trivial right now, sorry, but I don't have a better answer
on how to get started right now.

> Also : it did not use the latest version of datamanager.py as it gives
> error trying to get class_state_getter.

That would be the trunk which relies on a (maybe still) unreleased version of
SQLAlchemy to fix zope.security proxy integration problems.

I'm going to work on this on Friday and this might end up in an actual
release.

Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany