[Zope3-Users] retrieving zope.conf parameters and paths of buildout dirs

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Thu Apr 17 12:23:29 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm looking for reliable ways in my application code to retrieve the path of
some directories or files in a zopeproject buildout.

When I need to get a sample data file for tests in a package I'm just using
join(dirname(package_name.__file__), 'sampledata') and that's ok.

But how do I get the path of upper directories such as var, log or the blob-dir?
Can I retrieve them from zope.conf?
I'm not sure whether I should use zope.app.appsetup, ZConfig, or anything else.

thanks
Christophe