[Zope3-Users] Versions policy for KGS

Dan Korostelev nadako at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 10:15:18 EDT 2008

Hi!

I guess this question have been raised before, but I can not find any info
on this. What is the process/policy of version update for the zope 3.4 KGS (
http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/). Does package maintainers should inform
administrator about the update or there's some monitoring system? I am
asking this, because there's some packages that needs to be updated for
sure. I currently can remember just two, but I guess there's more:

 - zope.app.locales - newer versions contains fixes/updates for Russian
(fixes some ugly mistakes), Japanese and Spanish translations for 3.4.
 - zc.recipe.filestorage - contains fix for blobstorage configuration
problem. The version in KGS just produces wrong config snippet if you
specify blob-dir option and so it's unusable.

Currently, I just redefine versions for this packages in my buildout.cfg
files, but I guess they should go in the KGS.

Thanks in advance.

--
WBR, Dan Korostelev