[Zope3-Users] Re: [Zope-dev] Zope 3.4.0 candidate 1 Released

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Feb 1 10:12:06 EST 2008

On Friday 01 February 2008, Chris McDonough wrote:
> If there will continue to be a release schedule for "Zope 3, the appserver"
> It would reduce confusion to new users greatly to give the appserver
> release a name other than Zope.

Well, we had to do the classic Zope 3 release at least one more time. Because
the official story is still: Download the Zope 3.3 tar ball and start using
it. We have to use at least one release to tell people that we are going to
change the process and allow them still both methods.

I also think that we have no solid story and/or documentation to promote the
new approach. My hope is that the story and documentation will develop during
the next release cycles.

All I am doing is doing something about a pretty pathetic situation. I took
the least oath of resistance.

And I am particularly tired of name change suggestions! For many reasons.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter