[Zope3-Users] Re: [Zope-dev] Zope 3.4.0 candidate 1 Released

Paul Carduner paulcarduner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 14:59:53 EST 2008

On Feb 2, 2008 12:09 AM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Feb 1, 2008 6:04 PM, Christophe Combelles <ccomb at free.fr> wrote:
> [snip]
> > The transition seems now achieved and the most important thing is to have a
> > dedicated web site with clear information, so that there are new users, and new
> > contributors. When someone goes to the zope.org homepage, there is nothing about
> > zope3, just a single link in the left menu. I've heard that some people have
> > started working on a new web site. Who is doing that job, what is the current
> > status, and what can we do to help?
>
> I agree that updating the website is important.
>
> Martin Aspeli is the person to contact on the zope.org effort. I've
> cc-ed him here. Earlier in this thread I posted a link to the project
> as it is on the openplans website.

I think the website is one of the huge impediments to joining the Zope
community.  When you compare zope.org to all the other web framework
websites like django, turbogears, and RoR, it is pretty clear why
people aren't drawn to Zope 3.  Isn't it something of a disgrace that
the website for a powerful web application framework is as outdated as
zope.org?  People don't move to zope for the same reason you wouldn't
hire an interior designer who has an ugly house.  If things don't
really get moving on this front in the near future, it might be a good
idea to make zope.org a summer of code project.  Would anyone else
like to start a new discussion thread on the topic of zope.org?  I
sure would.

Cheers,
Paul