[Zope3-Users] using zope.testing's testrunner outside of zope

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Feb 4 21:44:18 EST 2008

On Monday 04 February 2008, Chris Withers wrote:
> > [test]
> > recipe = zc.recipe.testrunner
> > eggs = zope.kgs [test]
>
> Ah, okay, so what actually is zc.recipe.testrunner?
> I thought the testrunner was in zope.testing.testrunner...

The recipe only makes sure that a "test" script is created that has all the
right sys.path entries and some options to make sure that only the tests in
the specified eggs (in this case zope.kgs) are run.

> I feel like I'm missing a lot here, is there documentation I can read to
> catch up on this?

I think the documentation that comes with zc.buildout is nice. But I started
with Jim's PyCon tutorial slides.

http://svn.zope.org/zc.buildout/trunk/doc/tutorial.txt?rev=82275&view=auto

> Ah, okay... so I only need to worry about extras_require if I want to
> support buildout?

Yes. But note that the name "test" is just a convention of naming the test
requirements. The string in the square brackets is the name of the extras to
be installed.

Regards,
Stephan
--