[Zope3-Users] Zope eggification - impressions

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Tue Feb 5 09:49:38 EST 2008

Hi,
At first, thanks to the newest Zope-3.4.0c1 release. I just installed it from
the tarball and it seems to work.

However, I'm still somehow technically overwhelmed by installing Zope3 the
egg-style way - maybe it's not that hard, but I can't really find a good
entry point to that topic. It would probably also be a good thing to outline
this at the zope.org website (btw., the releases listed there are quite old).

For a beginner like me, I'm confronted with a lot of technical (and
complicated) things, where I don't know what I need or what to choose
(buildout, zopeproject, Egg, PyPi, SVN, grok, setuptools etc.), so something
like a "Howto install Zope3 the Egg-style way" would be very, very handy.

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7