[Zope3-Users] z3c.form - howto ignore the context for single widgets in an Edit form?

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Thu Feb 7 14:01:20 EST 2008

Hermann Himmelbauer a écrit :
> Hi,
> I'm creating a simple user-administration,

Hi, I'm currently doing exactly the same thing :)
(user management with z3c.form, and the class for my users derives from
zope.app.authentication.principalfolder.InternalPrincipal )

>which requires the user to type in
> the password and a password confirmation. For that, I have an interface which
> contains the attributes "password" and "password_confirm". Of course, only
> the password is stored as an object attribute.
>
> When I now use form.EditForm for editing this object, z3c.form raises an error
> as it cannot find the required attribute in the context for
> the "password_confirm" widget.

I'm not sure this is a good idea to have "password_confirm" in the interface,
because it would mean that your user has two passwords (from an interface
point-of-view). The password confirmation should just be part of the form
validation. Maybe you have to manually add a field in the form (I'm just going
to try that).
If you really want to have both password in the interface, you have to implement
both attribute, and the password_confirm can just be a property whose 'get'
retrieves the password and whose 'set' just checks that the value (that should
actually be a hash) is the same as the 'password'.

Christophe