[Zope3-Users] Re: Zope eggification - impressions

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Fri Feb 8 01:51:59 EST 2008

Am Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2008 17:36 schrieb Philipp von Weitershausen:
> Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:
> > At first, thanks to the newest Zope-3.4.0c1 release. I just installed it
> > from the tarball and it seems to work.
> >
> > However, I'm still somehow technically overwhelmed by installing Zope3
> > the egg-style way - maybe it's not that hard, but I can't really find a
> > good entry point to that topic.
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zopeproject

To be honest, I know that already but did not have a deep look at it as
zopeproject seems to be a setup for one application, while I currently use
one Zope server for multiple applications, therefore I still stick to the
tarball.

What I wanted to point out is not that there is no documentation for specific
technology but that there is no meta-documentation that points out what
exists and what I should use - especially not on the zope.org website.

But I appreciate a lot that the zope.org website will be overhauled, giving
Zope3 more focus, maybe this will solve the problem.

Btw., I very nice addition would be to point out applications people created
with Zope3. The only ones I am aware of is "schooltool" and (I
think) "lovelybooks", so for newcomers it's always great to see what can be
done with the technology.

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7