[Zope3-Users] z3c.form - howto ignore the context for single widgets in an Edit form?

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Fri Feb 8 02:48:34 EST 2008

Am Freitag, 8. Februar 2008 01:33 schrieb Christophe Combelles:
> Stephan Richter a écrit :
> > On Thursday 07 February 2008, Christophe Combelles wrote:
> >> Maybe the best way to have a password validation would be to let the
> >> PasswordWidget display two password fields and check itself the values
> >> are the same?
> >
> > Bingo. :-) I Would implement a PasswordConfirmationWidget. Then you have
> > a special converter that throws an error, if the passwords do not match.
>
> I have written a very basic confirmation with only javascript, that does
> not enforce password equality but just warns the user, and that should be
> sufficient in most case.
> This is a template that just has to be registered for PasswordWidget,
> without implementing a new widget:
> http://kelpi.com/script/10992d
>
> <z3c:widgetTemplate
>      template="password_input.pt"
>      mode="input"
>      layer="myapp.interfaces.IMyLayer"
>      widget="z3c.form.browser.password.PasswordWidget" />
>
> If a PasswordConfirmationWidget was implemented, the javascript code should
> probably be moved into the widget view class.

If I understand it right, your solution would alter all password widgets in
your application, right? Hmmm, I have also a case when there should be only a
single password field, e.g. for the login-page or for changing the password
(old password, new password, confirmation of new password).

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7