[Zope3-Users] z3ext

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Wed Feb 13 00:59:39 EST 2008

Hi Nikolay,

Nikolay Kim wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  Last year i worked on zope3 based cms. Today i built first site for
>  my friend without python coding, only TTW customization. So i think
>  system is ready for first development release. All code released
>  under ZPL license.
>
>  Basic features: Control panel, Principals managerment, Personal
>  preferences, Basic TTW customization, Pluggable Content Types,
>  Pluggable membership system, Members home folders, Product installer,
>  Cataloging and searching, Full text searching with lucene, Basic
>  forum product, Easy install with buildout
>
>  Here project homepage - http://z3ext.net/ Source code -
>  http://sourceforge.net/projects/z3ext Discussion Forums -
>  http://z3ext.net/forums/
>
>  Everyone can try it locally svn co
>  https://z3ext.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/z3ext/z3ext.portal/trunk
>  z3ext cd z3ext python2.4 ./bootstrap.py ./bin/buildout ./bin/app
>
>  z3ext.net is built with z3ext, you only need checkout z3ext.homesite
>  package svn co
>  https://z3ext.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/z3ext/z3ext.homesite/trunk
>  z3ext

Installing z3ext CMS was very easy.  I have few suggestions.

 1. I think your CMS application can be renamed to something else.
     Instead of using 'z3ext.portal' as the main entry point, a
non-namespace
package would be better. (z3extcms, z3extportal or something like that).
2. There is a new version of bootstrap.py inside buidout source tree.
3. A basic tutorial about how to use this CMS would be great.

Regards,
Baiju M