[Zope3-Users] Override subscribers

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Sun Feb 17 13:02:14 EST 2008

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 09:21:24AM +0100, Kai Diefenbach wrote:
> is there a way to override subscriber?

No, unfortunately.

> My scenario is as follows:
>
> There is an object. If it has been initialized some subscribers are
> called (via IObjectInitializedEvent).
>
>      class SomeObject:
>          implements(ISomeObject)
>
> There is an extended object:
>
>    class ISomeExtendedObject(ISomeObject)
>
>    class SomeExtendedObject(SomeObject):
>           implements(ISomeExtendedObject)
>
> Some subscribers needn't be called after SomeExtendedObject has been
> initialized.

I would suggest you restructure your class/interface hierarchy so that
I/SomeExtendedObject doesn't inherit from I/SomeObject directly, but instead
inherits from a common abstract base interface/class.

I think it's called the dependency inversion principle of object-oriented
design.

Marius Gedminas
--
The difference between Microsoft and 'Jurassic Parc':
In one, a mad businessman makes a lot of money with beasts that should be