[Zope3-Users] When should I use z3c.macroviewlet?

Andreas Johnsen andreas.johnsen at bouvet.no
Wed Feb 27 07:09:08 EST 2008

Thanks for a quick answer.

> > So in which use cases are z3c.macroviewlet the best option?
>
> The idea behind the macroviewlet is the option to let you
> define only one page template. The macroviewlet allows you to
> register snippets from this template and the same template
> could be used as layout template. This means you could really
> support an XHTML template with the full layout including all
> viewlets in it.
>
> The main goal was to use the nice templates from the graphic
> desingers without any additional templates.

It's more or less the same goal I want to achieve, but I thought I could
do the same with z3c.template (and the browser:viewlet directive).
Similar to the way z3c.template can be used to extract a snippet
(defined by a macro) from a page template for a pagelet.

But that may not be the case and that's why a package like
z3c.macroviewlet has been made.

Andreas