[Zope3-Users] Principally annotating InternalPrincipals at creation time

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Tue Jan 1 19:05:29 EST 2008

Hello, John and Zope 3 gurus,

I wonder if the question reproduced below was answered somewhere. I'm
struggling with the same issue: I am using a PrincipalFolder to store
InternalPrincipal instances, but I want to annotate them but can't
figure out how.

Also, I wonder why the IInternalPrincipal does not extend IPrincipal.
I may be wrong, but I get the feeling that the name "principal" has
been abused to describe two different things in the API: usually a
principal is non-persistent object which represents an user during a
request, but in the case of the PrincipalFolder, the InternalPrincipal
are not those same principals, but rather persistent objects which
represent an account that allows a principal of the first kind to log
in.

Cheers and a happy 2008 to all!

--
Luciano