[Zope3-Users] Attn Jim Fulton: Buildout builder

Derek Richardson derek.richardson at gatech.edu
Fri Mar 14 08:27:16 EDT 2008

I am the Plone champion for the buildout builder. The buildout builder
will be a web application, likely written in Grok, that will allow
textually-challenged users to configure a buildout via a GUI and receive
a .cfg in return.

Jim, you mentioned at PSPS-2008 that you would gladly help whoever
championed this. I am now asking for assistance. Please contact me at
the gmane email address on this post.

Anyone else who has interest and would like to contribute questions,
ideas, or code is welcome to contact me, as well, or continue discussion
here (please cc me, since I don't regularly read this list).

The buildout builder may very well be a Plone Summmer of Code project.
At the current time, it is unclear whether someone else or I will be the
student. In either case, I'd like to get some of the high-level
coneptual design out of the way so that, whoever the student is, she/he
can get down to business immediately.

Thanks!

Derek