[Zope3-Users] thoughts about z3c.form-package

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Wed Oct 8 10:15:24 EDT 2008

Hi Tim

> Betreff: Re: AW: [Zope3-Users] thoughts about z3c.form-package
>
> On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 15:32 +0200, Roger Ineichen wrote:
> > >
> > > What is the proposed functionality of ObjectWidget?
> >
> > The ObjectWidget is a widget for an IObject field.
> > This field is used for attributes which provide a own
> schema and hold
> > a refenece to a pyton instance providing this schema. (does
> this make
> > sense?)
> >

> Yes, it makes perfect sense to me.  I have LOTS of these in
> my implementation.
>
> http://www.openehr.org/svn/ref_impl_python/TRUNK/oship/src/osh
> ip/openehr/
>
> I just do not have working forms yet.  :-(
>
> I still have a lot to learn about z3c.form

Don't forget to take a look at z3c.formdemo. This package shows many
different usecases.

I think we should probably write more demos which could show
some different concepts for z3c.form.

> I am assuming, though haven't tried, that I can specify an
> interface that is maybe 3,4 or more steps through Object
> attributes and have the correct widget (text, textline, etc.) render?

I'm not sure if the widget works for nested objects. Which whould
allow to render more then one level of objects.

> > The ObjectWidget is now responsible for render an input
> widgets in an
> > EditForm for the color attribte of the door.
>
> Sorry but I have *no clue* what this means.

Oh, this was a comment to the sample in my mail. The color means
the IDoor.color attribute.

Regards
Roger Ineichen