[Zope3-Users] ZCML Layout Decision?

John de la Garza john at jjdev.com
Fri Oct 10 13:30:17 EDT 2008

Tim Cook wrote:
> Well, at your suggestion I have given Grok a new try. I think I can
> best express my opinion as:
>
> **GROK IS FRICKEN AWESOME!!***

I've been trying to get into using Zope for a while and was
overwhelmed.  I started using Grok about 3 weeks ago and  was able to
understand it.  I then tried to implement authentication with Grok and
that is when I switched to Zope 3.  Grok was a gateway for me to Zope
3.  At fisrt I liked Grok because of the lack of configuration, now I've
left Grok because of the lack of configuration.

I much prefer configuring permissions outside of my python code and
having the app server handle it than checking if a person is
authenticated before a method's main body.

I now prefer to use Zope 3, but if it wasn't for Grok, I'd still be
thinking Zope 3 would be cool to use but not actually using it.

Who knows, talk to me in a week and I may feel different.  I go up and
down.  Every time I stumble across some feature of Zope that I didn't
see in any docs I see how much I don't know.