[Zope3-Users] i18nextract.py issue

hass hassan at dc4.so-net.ne.jp
Thu Oct 30 10:39:03 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have been struggling to extract messageIDs out of my application and
list save them into a .POT file.
I only know that this used to be a relatively straightforward process
untill 3.2 when zope was installed from the source code but what about now?

I have installed a big bunch of zope eggs using zopeproject and have a
running server.
Now that I want to translate my site, I found out that the old
i18nextract script is mysteriously missing. I checked the internet and
there is no explanation how to obtain it.
So the first problem will be "how to obtain the i18nextract.py script in
the standard way?".

For now, I used the i18nextract.py file from a fresh zope3.4.0c1 fresh
install (installed from source) and tried to extract MessageIDs from my
application.
Then the next problem is that it seems like I cannot extract anything
out of ZCML files!!!
I tried the script with my packages from last year (which I used to
extract from them without problem) and still can't extract files.

I think this means one of the following:
(1)The i18nextract.py script simply not support ZCML files anymore
(contrary to what it claims in the comments at the beginning of the
script).
Then how should I extract messageIDs from zcmls?
(2) I have to mark a messageID in a different way than before.
currently, I am just adding the i18n_domain="mydomain" in the configure tag.

Can someone show me the standard way to (1)get the script and (2)
translate everything including zcml contents.
Thanks alot!
Hass