[Zope3-Users] Question about README.txt files

Kent Tenney ktenney at gmail.com
Tue May 5 07:41:41 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Stephan Richter
<srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
> On Monday 04 May 2009, Kent Tenney wrote:
>> So the magic in *.txt is ad-hoc for each package?
>
> It is not magic.

I've considered the '>>>' prompt an interpreter prompt, so
>>> write('file', """content""")
always looked a bit magical to me.

> The API for adding additional global variables in the test
> setup is well documented and used all the time.

Ok, I'll read up.

> But yes, each doctest file
> can have a different set of global variables.

Ah.
The ones available for, say, buildout, look so useful, I
thought they might be a convention, and packaged.

In trying to understand code I like to tweak the doctest and
see what happens. I'll look into the feasibility of adding a
line to the top of buildout/README.txt like
>>> import dtglobals

where dtglobals would expose all the good
!magic, without requiring the test scaffolding.

Thanks,
Kent