[Zope3-Users] z3c.form in the apidoc code browser

Michael Howitz mh at gocept.com
Sat May 16 09:38:54 EDT 2009

Am 15.05.2009 um 19:55 schrieb John:
> hi,

Hi John,

> i cannot see z3c code in the code browser at
> http://apidoc.zope.org/++apidoc++/
>
> thinking that maybe z3c just wasnt installed at that site,

This is correct, all z3c packages are missing at apidoc.zope.org. (I
don't know why.)

> i installed
> z3c.form locally (ubuntu 8.04) in a virtualenv:
>
>    sudo easy_install virtualenv
>    virtualenv env4
>    cd env4
>    bin/easy_install zopeproject
>    bin/easy_install z3c.form    # had to install python2.5-dev for
> this
> to work

You should include z3c.form in proj/setup.py in install_requires list
to make it possible to use a newer version of zope.app.apidoc later.

>    bin/zopeproject proj
>    cd proj/
>    # add to src/proj/configure.zcml:
>      <include package="z3c.form" file="meta.zcml" />
>      <include package="z3c.form" />
>    bin/paster serve deploy.ini
>
> but i still couldnt see z3c.form in the code browser at
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/++apidoc++
>
> is there a way to browse z3c.form code in apidoc?

I released a new version of zope.app.apidoc which includes z3c
packages in the code browser now.

To try it out you should create a new virtualenv without installing
z3c.form using easy_install as this installes too old versions of the
packages.

After running bin/zopeproject, edit proj/buildout.cfg, comment out the
following line:
   extends = http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/3.4.0/versions.cfg

After
   versions = versions
add the following (without the indentation):
   [versions]
   zope.app.apidoc = 3.6.3

Run bin/buildout to install the new packages.

Yours sincerely,
--
Michael Howitz · mh at gocept.com · software developer