[Zope3-Users] Zope3.3.0 with buildout

Matthias Lehmann mat at matlehmann.de
Thu Feb 18 16:41:23 EST 2010

Hi All,

in the company, I am working for, we have a product based on Zope3.3.0. The
time has come, where we finally think about upgrading to use buildout and
eventually newer versions of Zope3.

Because we do not want to take multiple steps at once, we would like to - as a
first step - simple migrate the application to use buildout but keep Zope3
version 3.3.0. If that goes well, we intend to switch to newer Zope3 versions.

I fiddled some with buildout and the zc.zope3recipes, but without much success,
so far. So I am wondering - does buildout work with Zope3 versions below 3.4
at all?

I would be thankful to hear, if anybody was successful with this - maybe I am
just missing something. Or if it's something that can't be done (at least in a
sensible way), I know I don't need to spend more time trying.

Best Regards,

Mat