[Zope3-Users] MemoryError Evolving a ZODB

Jeroen Michiel jmichiel at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 11:09:25 UTC 2012

I was thinking along the same lines.
I have found a spot in the code with circular references, and indeed (using
heapy) it seems those are the objects (which happen to be quite big also)
taking most of the memory. The main problem is now to get rid of them while
staying within memory boundaries. It's a part of the code I implemented
first in this site, and it was also the time I started working with
Zope/Grok, so I would approach things quite differently now, knowing what I
know about the ZODB that I didn't know then...
I guess multiple transactions will be needed, indeed.

It originally was just a matter of indexing objects, but wanting to get rid
of the circular references, it has become a db migration...

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep you posted on how I fixed it (if I ever
do), might be interesting for other people, too.

Regards,
Jeroen