[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 129/ 1 Request "Software packages feautures"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Thu Aug 7 05:48:13 EDT 2003

Issue #129 Update (Request) "Software packages feautures"
 Status Pending, SoftwareProduct/feature medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/ZopeOrg/129

= Request - Entry #1 by jmeile on Aug 7, 2003 4:48 am

In the old zope.org, you could choose to have the description of a software packages in structured text or html. Now this posibility is gone and the people with structured text on this field will see exactly what they type, instead of the rendered html text.

I think it's a bad thing to remove structure text since you could use the readme that you wrote for your product without converting it to html.

Another thing I miss are the links to README, CHANGES, and LICENSE, why are they gone?

Finally, I think that the software releases shouldn't be cataloged. I find that this has no sense since you'll get lots of results like:

theProductName-x.y.tar.gz

Releases doesn't have any relevant information. The important things are already included on the description of the Sofware package.