[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 26/ 4 Reject "new UI: Sometimes less is more... "

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Mon Aug 11 16:41:11 EDT 2003

Issue #26 Update (Reject) "new UI: Sometimes less is more... "
 Status Rejected, skin/feature medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/ZopeOrg/26

= Reject - Entry #4 by jens on Aug 11, 2003 3:41 pm

The design is now frozen and we are stuck with a Plone look unless someone steps forward and takes the time to change that himself.

jens

= Comment - Entry #3 by sidnei on Feb 19, 2003 3:08 pm

This was related to the old skin. I would like to see some opinions about the new one.
= Edit - Entry #2 by mj on Dec 11, 2001 8:17 pm

 Changes: Submitter id: 'mj' => 'wmiller', submitter name, classification (bug => feature), new comment

Reflect original submitter, reclassify as feature
= Request - Entry #1 by mj on Dec 11, 2001 8:15 pm

Regarding the design of new.zope.org, what objections would anyone have to modeling the site after some of the more elegant and successful sites on the web - apple.com, cnet.com, yahoo.com, ebay.com, real.com, discovercard.com, travelocity.com, priceline.com. All these sites have a few things in common:

1. Width = ~700.
2. The content is centered.
3. The font size is normal to small except some of the headers.

I particularly like priceline.com and could very well see the zope logo in place of the priceline logo. I believe this design in it's simplicity, focus, and cleaness adheres more closely to python's similar attributes of being simple, concise, and clean.

Walter Miller