[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 154/ 2 Edit "Software release weirdnesses"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Tue Sep 9 10:49:10 EDT 2003

Issue #154 Update (Edit) "Software release weirdnesses"
 Status Pending, SoftwareProduct/bug critical
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/ZopeOrg/154

= Edit - Entry #2 by Brian on Sep 9, 2003 9:49 am

 Changes: importance (medium => critical)
= Request - Entry #1 by faassen on Aug 11, 2003 2:59 pm

In a software package when viewed, the releases show up
with their version. In the folder contents however they
show up with their names, and the name appears to be used
as the id.

When I see the release edit screen I fill in 'Formulator' as the name, and then the version next. This is apparently incorrect, and the name should be 'Formulator-1.5.0', as it gets used as the version rather unexpectedly..

In the release edit screen I can also fill in links
to the info, changes, license, etc. I need to do
this for each release, so my expectation is that
I need to upload these files (README.txt) into each
release.

On the software package screen however, the 'Information' etc links in the sidebar with the 'latest release' don't go don't go to the latest release
but to the software package, and are therefore
broken.

I can fix this by just uploading the README.txt
and such to the software package, but then it
doesn't make sense I keep having to fill them in.
It also is obscure to depend on acquisition in this
way.