[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 162/ 7 Comment "old wiki skin templates need to be removed"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Thu Sep 11 04:24:13 EDT 2003

Issue #162 Update (Comment) "old wiki skin templates need to be removed"
 Status Resolved, skin/bug critical
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/ZopeOrg/162

= Comment - Entry #7 by simon on Sep 11, 2003 3:24 am

Actually I'm not sure that the page types were wrong, for this version of Zwiki. The comment form certainly is though.

Does zope.org use it's own customized version of the zwiki_plone skin ?
= Comment - Entry #6 by simon on Sep 11, 2003 2:35 am

Update: the zope3 and other wikis I've just tried do allow me to edit, but they still have semi-broken edit forms: a comment form appears there where it shouldn't, and if page types are offered they are the wrong ones. I believe there are still one or more old custom edit templates lying around that need to be removed. Can you change this issue's "resolved" status ?
= Comment - Entry #5 by simon on Aug 26, 2003 7:13 pm

And now it's been renamed, so I can't edit again. The message now is "insufficient privileges". I assume it's work in progress.
= Comment - Entry #4 by simon on Aug 26, 2003 2:59 am

I was able to install a temporary DTML Method-based editform.
We should remove the editform in the parent folder(s) though,
so that I can remove this one and there will be no upgrade issues.

= Comment - Entry #3 by simon on Aug 26, 2003 2:28 am

Thanks Brian.. but I still see problems. Eg an ancient
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/editform
is still being acquired from somewhere. This is preventing edits to  the zope 3 wiki.
= Resolve - Entry #2 by Brian on Aug 25, 2003 4:38 pm

done.
= Request - Entry #1 by simon on Aug 12, 2003 1:38 pm

Most wikis on zope.org are showing breakage due to old skin templates/dtml methods - usually standard_wiki_header, standard_wiki_footer, editform and backlinks - in the wiki folder. These old templates should all be removed so that Zwiki can use the up-to-date templates in it's skin. (The only reason to have these in the folder is for customization - I guess that this is not the case anywhere on zope.org, if there's any doubt save them in an old/ subfolder.)

Part 2 of this problem is that even when removed - as I've done at
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture - these old templates are still being acquired from somewhere - presumably a parent folder, or even an old skin. They should be removed from there too.