[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 322/ 3 Comment "Second navigation on right side unuseable when using Font zooming and Mozilla"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Mon Dec 27 06:29:13 EST 2004

Issue #322 Update (Comment) "Second navigation on right side unuseable when using Font zooming and Mozilla"
 Status Pending, skin/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/ZopeOrg/322

= Comment - Entry #3 by colin on Dec 27, 2004 6:29 am

I use the Mozilla browser with the minimum font size
set to 18 for visibility reasons. (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; es-ES; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040910)

This has the effect of hiding the "browse" "new issue"
and "dublin core" buttons on the collector.zope.org site. I found these buttons when viewing the site with opera.

The persistence of site accessibility issues due to
user font size choices is annoying!

= Comment - Entry #2 by mfischer on May 2, 2004 3:51 am

Still no change on the front. I'ld like to volunteer to fix this issue if anyone is interested but has no time to do it.
= Request - Entry #1 by mfischer on Mar 11, 2004 12:13 pm

Uploaded:  "zope-mozilla.png"
 - http://collector.zope.org/ZopeOrg/322/zope-mozilla.png/view
The design of the default skin of the site effectively prevents mozilla users from using the text zoom feature. Since I'm using 1600x1200 for work I cannot rely on the standard font size and need bigger fonts. Unfortunately, this results in the second navigation bar with the white background from overlapping every content under it, be it other navigation elements or the top-bottom menu on the left side or documents starting at the top. I've atttached a screenshot to illustrate the problem.

Text zooming in IE doesn't reveal this problem, but then text zoom in IE doesn't affect the menus but only the content itself. Probably related to using pixel font sizes.

After further researching, it reveals that disabled the stylesheet rule:

All font sizes are pretty useable, albeit the look of the site is a bit different but much more useable with bigger fonts.

Digging even deeper, it seems this problem relates from the fact the someone tried to position the div.personalBar below the div.pathBar but still having the div.personalBar earlier in the document.

If you remove the position:absolute from the div.personalBar, the complete issue is gone, but the personalBar is no longer below the pathBar.

The long term solution probably is to place the personalBar below the pathBar in the HTML and remove the absolute positioning from the personalBar.

regards,
- Markus