[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 373/ 6 Resolve "Zope.org Registration Broken"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Wed Mar 23 04:01:09 EST 2005

Issue #373 Update (Resolve) "Zope.org Registration Broken"
 Status Resolved, functionality/bug critical
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/ZopeOrg/373

= Resolve - Entry #6 by d2m on Mar 23, 2005 4:01 am

I re-added the missing 'error' description, the join form now reports verbose errors and missing fields (just like the default CMF join form).
With respect to NANZO his is a throw-away customization in /portal_skins/custom.

Think i can close that now until - ChrisW finds another reason to reopen :)
= Comment - Entry #5 by chrisw on Feb 16, 2005 5:11 am

I think I've gotten to the bottom of this.

The "Confirm" box for confirmation has no red dot next to it.

If you omit that field, you just get returned to the registration form with no message, no nothing.

I'm guessing most people assume that EITHER registration is broken, OR they assume registration succeeded and then think login is broken.

So, although registration "work", I think there's such a severe UI bug here that I'm gonna leave this open until Nanzo makes it irrelevent.
= Resubmit - Entry #4 by chrisw on Feb 7, 2005 6:18 am

Just saying this is resolved without actually doing anything to resolve it isn't very useful :-(
= Comment - Entry #3 by chrisw on Jan 20, 2005 2:03 pm

what was done to fix it?
= Resolve - Entry #2 by d2m on Jan 20, 2005 1:00 pm

registration is working again
= Request - Entry #1 by chrisw on Jan 20, 2005 5:06 am

You can't currently register on zope.org
Even wit hall fields filled in, submitting the form just returns you to the filled in form.