[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 397/ 1 Request "Patch for making PathIndex sortable"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Thu Feb 16 00:36:42 EST 2006

Issue #397 Update (Request) "Patch for making PathIndex sortable"
 Status Pending, searching/feature medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/ZopeOrg/397

= Request - Entry #1 by nickbower on Feb 16, 2006 12:36 am

Uploaded:  "PathIndex.patch"
 - http://www.zope.org/Collectors/ZopeOrg/397/PathIndex.patch/view
PathIndex (in PluggableIndexes) is not sortable because it doesn't inherit from the PluggableIndexes/common/UnIndex.py (like FieldIndex etc do).  I can see no bvious reason why it couldn't be sortable hoewver as it still implements inverse lookups using self._unindex which is an IOBTree.

I have produced a patch and attach it here.  Unit tests ran fine and when using it, PathIndex won't barf when you supply the "sort_on" attribute to a catalog search on on this index.

Could this be considered for inclusion into the next zope release?